Thursday, May 31, 2012

I think I am very lucky.

Not everyone can to me so lucky.Given permission by his mother to obtain only one specific permanent marking on his body during his lifetime, Thompson set out to get it.“My mom always said I could only get one tattoo ever,” the 27-year-old said. “And it was kind of getting popular I guess, in 1996 and 2000, for pretty much every Australian Olympian to get the Olympic tattoo. So that was a goal of mine.


“I was lucky enough to do it in 2004. Then obviously winning the silver made it even that much more special.”mlb jerseys wholesale

Thompson and his teammates brought silver medals home to Australia from the Olympics in Athens in 2004, the best result ever achieved for baseball down under. The experience he had as a fresh-faced 20-year-old ranks among the best he’s had throughout his career.

“There’s nothing like playing for your country,” Thompson said. “Those are the guys you grew up with; your best mates you’ve known for your whole life playing together. And there’s something special about the atmosphere that an Australian team carries and just the camaraderie that comes with it.”MLB Jersey

No comments:

Post a Comment