Sunday, June 10, 2012

I love watching football

Many friends and me. All like football.One important piece of information that I’ve learned is that it is not the concussions that destroy player’s brains.  It’s the hundreds or thousands of “car crash-like” collisions, or sub-concussions, every single player experiences over the course of their career.  Every time they tackle/are tackled their brains are shaken inside their skulls.  If every game has around 100ish plays (low-balling here), and a player is only in the game for 50% of those plays, that’s still 50 car crashes every.damn.game.  And that doesn’t even include practice, 4-5 days a week, sometimes twice a day.wholesale jerseys


I love watching football.  I enjoy seeing what the human body can achieve.  The amazing catches, the tricky plays that result in touchdown, and yes, the hits.  It makes me ill to think that I am being entertained while these amazing humans are destroying their brains.nfl jerseys wholesale

I'll to my favourite sport insist on.And I can’t do it anymore.  In my house, I am the football fan.  There are no obstacles to quitting, except my own love of the game.  It’s been a few weeks since I wrote this post, and I’ve studiously avoided checking up on NFL news, I deleted the app from my phone, I scroll past the Sports section on my news site.

No comments:

Post a Comment